Austin Design Community
Upcoming Austin Design Community Events
November 4 | Special Event – 2015 Design Excellence Awards Celebration at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
2015 ASID Austin Design Excellence Awards
Calling all ASID Austin Design Community Members! It’s that time of year again, time for the ASID Austin Design Community to get together and compete in this year’s Design Excellence Awards competition! Last year’s competition was a resounding success and we expect this year’s event to be bigger and better than ever. Again this year the Design Excellence Awards competition will take place exclusively online via asidaustindesignexcellence.com.
COMPETITION FEE SCHEDULE
• Early Bird Entry (Shining & Rising Stars): $45/entry | July 27 – August 10, 2015
• Standard Entry (Shining & Rising Stars): $55/entry | August 11 – August 27, 2015
• Student Entry: $20/entry
• July 27 @ 8:00am | Online Early Bird Entry Submission Opens HERE
• August 11 @ 12:00am | Online Standard Entry Submission Opens HERE
• August 27 @ 7:00pm | Deadline for Online Entry Submissions & Payment HERE
• September 18 @ 8:00am | Design Excellence Awards Celebration Ticket Purchase/RSVP opens HERE
• October 28 @ 5:00pm | Design Excellence Awards Celebration Ticket Purchase/RSVP closes HERE
• November 4th @ 6:00pm | Design Excellence Awards Ceremony
Before you get started at asidaustindesignexcellence.com, know these things:
• First time users will need to set up a user login. (Note that this login is NOT your regular asid.org or asidtx.org login.)
• If you entered the 2014 Design Excellence Awards or the 2015 ASID Texas Chapter Legacy of Design Awards, then you should use the same login for the 2015 Design Excellence Awards.
• If you are one of many people in your company that will be entering categories, consider having one login for the entire company. Otherwise, only one person will be able to work on specific categories and will have to jump between logins to work on different categories.
• If you ever lose your password, simply use the “LOST PASSWORD” link located at the top of the asidaustindesignexcellence.com page.
• Uploaded images cannot be larger than 3MB each and uploaded PDFs cannot be larger than 10MB each.
EXTRA TIPS for those who already created an account because they entered 2015 ASID Texas Chapter Legacy of Design Awards and are experiencing some difficulties:
1. Clean out your browser’s cache on the computer you are using to access the competition website. GO HERE to find out how to do this on any browser version.
2. Make sure that you are in the “ASID” group. When you log in, click on the “My Profile” link up in the top right-hand corner and then make sure that the “ASID” box is checked under “Associations I’m A Member Of” section.
THE AWARDS CELEBRATION EVENT
The ASID Austin Design Community of the ASID Texas Chapter invites you to attend the 2015 Design Excellence Awards Celebration taking place on Wednesday, November 4th, 2015, from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm at Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center [4801 La Crosse Ave, Austin, TX 78739]. Practitioners, Industry Partners, Students and Guests are invited to attend the festivities, which will include heavy hors d’oevres, a cash bar, and a stunning on-going visual presentation showcasing the work of all of the year’s entrants. On September 26, 2015, ticket purchase/RSVP will open HERE.
For questions concerning entries, deadlines, and the awards event please contact ASID Austin Chapter-Emerging Professional Chair LaRissa Bobo, Allied ASID: email@example.com | 512.426.6453
2014-2015 Board of Volunteers for Austin
Programming is only possible with the help of volunteers. Thank you to the following members for taking the time to bring value to the members of this Design Community.
Chair – Corey Allen Davey, Allied ASID
Financial Chair – Jane Garland Lucas, FASID
Membership – Margaret Norris, Allied ASID
IP Membership Liaison – Eric Barnett , ASID IP Rep
Communications – Karla Urbina, ASID IP Rep
Secretary – Yvette Trevino, Student ASID
Programs – Cristi Peterson, Allied ASID
Emerging Professionals – LaRissa Bobo, Allied ASID
PR – Jessica Wilhelm, Allied ASID