Austin Design Community
2014 Design Excellence Awards
Calling all ASID Austin Design Community Members! It’s that time of year again, time for the ASID Austin Design Community to get together and compete in this year’s Design Excellence competition! Last year’s competition was a resounding success and we expect this year’s event to be bigger and better than ever!
July 28th @ 8am | Online Entry Submission Opens
September 2nd @ 5pm EXTENDED UNTIL SEPTEMBER 9TH @ 5PM | Deadline for Online Entry Submissions & Payment
November 5th @ 5pm | Design Excellence Awards Celebration RSVP deadline – GO HERE to RSVP / buy tickets
November 12th @ 6pm | Design Excellence Awards Ceremony – GO HERE to find out details
Again this year the Design Excellence Awards competition will take place exclusively online via asidaustindesignexcellence.com. This online entry submittal portal and process is designed to save you time and money. You won’t need to purchase binders and protective sleeves, print out photos, burn CDs, submit everything in sealed envelopes, pay for shipping, or make multiple trips to the supply store to put your entries together for submission. Instead, everything is right at your fingertips. The entry fee is $55 per entry.
Before you get started at asidaustindesignexcellence.com, know these things:
• First time users will need to set up a user login. (Note that this login is new – it is NOT your regular asid.org or asidtx.org login.)
• If you entered the 2014 ASID Texas Chapter Legacy of Design Awards this past spring, then you should use the same login for Design Excellence.
• Once you have a login you will have the same login each year. You only have to do this once. Once you are registered you can use this same info to access the next year’s show.
• If you are one of many people in your company that will be entering categories, consider having one login for the entire company. Otherwise, only one person will be able to work on specific categories and will have to jump between logins to work on different categories.
• If you ever lose your password, simply use the “LOST PASSWORD” link located at the top of the asidaustindesignexcellence.com page.
• Uploaded images cannot be larger than 500kb each. If you win 1st Place, then you will provide a larger, print-ready image to Design Guide for publishing.
• EXTRA TIPS for those who already created an account because they entered 2014 ASID Texas Chapter Legacy of Design Awards and might experience some difficulties:
1. Clean out your browser’s cache on the computer you are using to access the competition website. GO HERE to find out how to do this on any browser version.
2. Make sure that you are in the “ASID” group. When you log in, click on the “My Profile” link up in the top right-hand corner and then make sure that the “ASID” box is checked under “Associations I’m A Member Of” section.
The ASID Texas Chapter’s Austin Design Community invites you to be a special sponsor for this year’s Design Excellence Ceremony to be held this fall. We are excited to be celebrating this event for the 27th year and need your help to underwrite the event. Design Excellence is our only fundraiser and it helps support student scholarships and local charities. Design Excellence is the best opportunity to get your company’s name and products in front of our membership as it is our most attended event of the year. CLICK HERE to download a PDF containing sponsorship information.
2014 DESIGN EXCELLENCE AWARDS CELEBRATION
The 2014 Design Excellence Awards Celebration will take place on Wednesday, November 12th, 2014, from 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm at Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center [4801 La Crosse Ave, Austin, TX 78739]. Practitioners, Industry Partners, Students and Guests are invited to attend the festivities, which will include heavy hors d’oevres, a cash bar, and a stunning on-going visual presentation showcasing the work of all of the year’s entrants. Tickets are available HERE.
Contact 2014 Design Excellence Chair Corey Davey, Allied ASID at email@example.com.
2014 Elevate Austin by Design Conference
The ASID Austin Design Community presented Elevate Austin by Design: 2014 Conference featuring nationally-published interior and modern furniture designer, Christopher Kennedy.
The event took place Tuesday, June 10th at Caffrey’s Furniture [2951 West Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78757]. Registration began at 9am, and this year’s event included:
· IDCEC* approved CEU courses
· Panel discussions with industry experts
· Studio Webware Demonstration
· Door prizes
· Swag bags for all attendees
Speakers: Christopher Kennedy, Julie Molloy, Hank Holland, Oscar Lupiba, Kevin Alter, Deb Barrett, Olga Odeide, James Caughman, Jay Corder
Door Prizes from: Spruce Upholstery, Full Spectrum Paints, Mark Hampton LLC, The Menagerie, Deborah Main Designs, Whole Foods Market, Bolt Fabric, Nest Modern, AllModern/DwellStudio, Peacock’s Plumage, Crossville Tile and Stone
Underwriters: ProSource Wholesale Floorings, Legend Lighting
Sponsors: Austin Home Magazine, BMC, AG&M, Morrison Supply, Sherwin-Williams, Stockton Hicks Laffey, Kravet, Caffrey’s Furniture, Sunsational Solutions, Woodwright Hardwood Flooring Company, Marazzi Tile and Stone, Big Ass Fans, Heather Scott Home and Design, Merry Design Studio, Latera Architectural Surfaces, More Space Place, Crossville Tile and Stone, Point2Point Moving Services, Exteriors Designer Showroom, Red Chair Market, Peacock’s Plumage, Scottish Stained Glass, Architectural Tile & Stone, Texas Sun and Shade, The Rug Company, Baker Furniture, Stone Solutions
Design Materials by: Merry Design Studio
2013-2014 Board of Volunteers for Austin
Programming is only possible with the help of volunteers. Thank you to the following members for taking the time to bring value to the members of this Design Community.
Chair – Shellee Anderson, Allied ASID
Financial Chair/Chair Elect – Corey Davey, Allied ASID
Progams/Events – Michele Christenson, ASID IP Rep
Membership Liaison – Robin Colton, Allied ASID
IP Membership Liaison – Kristina Sleyster, ASID
Emerging Professionals – Nicolette Malewski, ASID IP Rep
Communications – Karla Urbina, ASID IP Rep
Secretary – Melinda Crouch, ASID IP Rep