Dallas Design Community
Design Ovation 2014
The 2014 ASID Dallas Design Ovation Awards competition will take place exclusively online via asiddallasdesignovation.com. This online entry submittal portal and process is designed to save you time and money. You won’t need to purchase binders and protective sleeves, print out photos, burn CDs, submit everything in sealed envelopes, pay for shipping, or make multiple trips to the supply store to put your entries together for submission. Instead, everything is right at your fingertips.
For designers, all entries are $100 each. For students, all entries are $50 each.
Before you get started at asiddallasdesignovation.com, know these things:
1. First time users will need to set up a user login. (Note that this login is new – it is NOT your regular asid.org or asidtx.org login.)
2. If you are one of many people in your company that will be entering categories, consider having one login for the entire company. Otherwise, only one person will be able to work on specific categories and will have to jump between logins to work on different categories.
3. If you ever lose your password, simply use the “LOST PASSWORD” link located at the top of the asiddallasdesignovation.com page.
4. Uploaded images cannot be larger than 500kb each. If you win 1st Place, then you will provide a larger, print-ready image to Design Guide for publishing.
• Mar 1 @ 9:00am | Event Tickets go on sale online HERE
• Mar 1 @ 9:00am | Online Entry Submission Opens HERE
• Mar 27 @ 6:00pm | Deadline for Online Entry Submissions & Payment
• May 1 @ 9:00am | Event Ticket Sales close
• May 15 @ 6:00pm | Design Ovation Awards Celebration
> For all IT related questions, the online entry submittal process, using the asiddallasdesignovation.com website or the online entry software please contact Cassie Fordahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
> For questions concerning the event, deadlines, and entries please email ASIDDesignOvation@gmail.com or call Kimberly Barrow, ASID IP Rep at 214-784-0178 | email@example.com.
Design Ovation 2014 AWARDS CEREMONY
The 2014 Design Ovation Awards Ceremony will take place on Thursday, May 15, 2014, from 6:00-9:00pm. Look for invitations soon that will include the event location. Practitioners, Industry Partners, Students and Guests are invited to attend the festivities, which will include delicious food, enjoyable camaraderie, and a stunning on-going visual presentation showcasing the work of all of the year’s entrants. GO HERE to purchase tickets.
Thank You to the Dallas Design Community 2014 Annual Platinum Sponsors!
Benjamin Moore | Bentwood of Dallas | Contempo Designs | Design NS | Feizy | FIBER-SEAL Systems | Hidell Hardware | Interior Resources | Levantina | Lights Fantastic | Ornare | Pro-Tection Dallas | Sherwin-Williams | Starlight AV | The Kitchen Source
Thank You to the Dallas Design Community 2013 Annual Platinum Sponsors!
Empressive GeoDesigns | FIBER-SEAL Systems | DeVance AV Design | Levantina | The Kitchen Source | E.C. Dicken, Inc. | Sherwin-Williams | Feizy | Hästens | Ornare | Bernadette Schaeffler | Ferguson Enterprises
2013-2014 Board of Volunteers for Dallas
Programming is only possible with the help of volunteers. Thank you to the following members for taking the time to bring value to the members of this Design Community.
Chair – Lisa Barron, Allied ASID, RID
Financial Chair – Ashlynn Bourque, ASID IP Rep – Sherwin-Williams
Programs Chair – Kimberly Barrow, ASID IP Rep – Fiber-Seal
Membership Co-Chair – Cheryl Petter, Allied ASID
Membership Co-Chair – Samantha Jackson, Student ASID
Industry Partner Liaison Co-Chair – Helene Terry-Haslett, ASID IP Rep – Bentwood
Industry Partner Liaison Co-Chair – Rudolf Valentino, ASID IP Rep – Bernadette Schaeffler
Special Projects Chair – Cristie Schlosser, ASID, RID
Communications & Social Media Chair – Amy Armstrong, Allied ASID
Audio Visual Chair – Chris Sanders, ASID IP Rep – Dallas Sight and Sound
Historian – Grayson Knight, Allied ASID
Emerging Professionals Chair – Karen Holley, Allied ASID
Student Membership Chair – Sharon Flatley, ASID, RID
Student Liaison to the Dallas Chapter Board – Veronica Sanders, Student ASID