Facilities Connection, Inc. is the “Go To” Company for Simplified Space. We specialize in Comprehensive Interior Design and Furniture Management Services for Federal, Healthcare, Higher Education, and Commercial customers. We have over 27 years in the contract furniture business and are a Preferred Haworth dealer.
Under direction of the Design Manager, provides support to the design and sales teams. Provides design services to customers, including site/inventory verifications, programming, space planning, typical development, color boards, working/installation drawings, specifications and site-to-plan review. Works closely with sales, order entry and installation groups, as well as customers, to ensure accurate plans and specifications, conformance to client’s requirements, customer satisfaction and high quality project implementation.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
• Attends client planning meetings and documents project criteria
• Reviews site; conducts field measurements and plan-to-site adherence checks
• Inventories existing product; produces as-built drawings/specifications
• Develops block and space plans
• Develops color/finish boards and selections
• Develops finished working drawings for specification and installation; validates plans against construction, electrical engineering and A&D drawing sets
• Develops product specifications; double-checks specifications against plans; gets specifications order-entry ready using an electronic specification program
• Manages changes and revisions
• Assists senior design staff and sales team with product research, specifications, vendor quotes, pricing, and estimating.
• Assists with preparation of client presentations.
• Maintains detailed daily time sheets
• Maintains detailed and extensive project documentation, including records of all key decisions, phone conversations, approvals and sign-offs, and notes from all project planning meetings
• Manages adherence to project schedule, internal dealership budget, customer’s project budget, design task completions and quality of design work
• Does plotting, printing, color boards, etc. for client and dealership transmittals
• Assists in the maintenance and updating of the design library.
• Meets with product vendors and representatives for product updates.
• Conducts responsible interfaces with: client, contractor and subcontractor trades, client’s A&D firm, electrician, client’s IT group, etc., as required
• Conducts responsible interfaces with: sales, project management, customer service/project coordinator and operations/installation groups
Contract Furniture/Design Industry Knowledge:
• Has strong knowledge of interior design field and current practices
• Understands workplace environment issues (ergonomics, technology integration, teaming, alternative officing, etc.)
• Onsite and offsite training will be required to establish a working knowledge of the contract furniture lines, including features/benefits, pricing, application and assembly, specification options and nomenclature.
• Has a working knowledge of applicable building codes, ADA regulations, National Electrical Code, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design
• Internship experience or design experience, preferred.
• Strong computer skills in Auto CAD and Microsoft Office. Experience with other design software or specification software, preferred
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to maintain a balanced workflow and meet project deadlines
Please email your resume to Andrea Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.