DesignStudio2010 – Design Associate Position: We are a full service residential design firm that is seeking a part-time (contract) interior designer to become a part of our team as we continue to grow. Projects include new construction, to renovations to furnishing homes. Position works with design leads, builders, contractors, vendors, furniture dealers, product reps, service providers and fabricators to meet overall project objectives. Must commit to 3 months.
• Client presentable hand rendering
• Design collaboration with Lead Designers
• Making material and paint selections with direction
• Obtaining estimates from vendors
• Placing and tracking orders
• Assisting in creation of budget spreadsheets
• Creation and updates of spec sheets
• Assisting with project proposals
• Tracking billable hours and budgets
• Researching products
• Organizing client files
• Running errands
• Assisting with special projects
• Assisting with social media a bonus
• Consistent week-to-week schedule mandatory. 20-30 hours per week to start, with the potential for a full-time position for the right candidate.
• Proficient in SketchUp, AutoCad, Revit, MS Word
• Degree and/or considerable experience in interior design
• Experience with Studio Webware a plus
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Friendly, upbeat
• Ability to maintain strong working relationships
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Go-getter: Strong ability to work with minimal guidance
• Thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
• Experience with construction documents preferred
• Own laptop – Apple/MacIntosh a plus
Resumes/Portfolios should show:
Design Experience through demonstrated knowledge of design process.
Current portfolio of renderings, completed projects, idea boards, collages. Professional references and Vendor references
Position: Part to Full-time
P. 512.299.1440 | 16238 FM 620, Ste. F-350 Austin, Texas 78717 | F. 512.992.1746
Candidates should forward cover letter, resume, BEST ONLY samples of renderings, completed projects, idea boards, collages, Professional references via email to both Paige@designstudio2010.com and LaurenAshley@designstudio2010.com.