Student Member Benefits
What does ASID provide to you? Access to an enormous professional network and a sea of information that will help you launch your career in the interior design industry. Not only will your school’s ASID Student Chapter provide local opportunities, but local and regional Professional meetings, as well as National events and online resources, will also bring the industry that much more into focus. And, Students, be sure to tell (or remind) your instructors about the Educators area of the Society’s website, which is designed to help support and facilitate interior design education. Not a member yet? Go here to find out how to become one.
The following are just some of the benefits available to Student Members:
- RealWorld DesignWeek (RWDW) – A national mentoring program that will provide ASID Student Members career development resources through classroom and hands-on experience and will focus on the real world of interior design.
- ACCESS – This student newsletter is published biannually and provides highlights on Student initiatives and articles on career development and personal marketing.
- ASID ICON magazine – The Society’s quarterly magazine informs students of cutting edge design research and business trends, along with key national and chapter issues.
- National and Local Design Competitions & Scholarships – Winners of the various ASID student design competitions receive publicity in ASID media outlets and often cash prizes.
- Student Symposium, the annual event organized by the Texas Chapter, which introduces you to Practitioners and Industry Partners and give you insight into the career you’ve chosen.
- An open door to National, Texas Chapter and Design Community events, often at no charge. Check the National Calendar and Chapter Calendar / News & Events section often. If you cannot find the information that you are looking for, you may also contact Texas Chapter Leaders, Design Community Leaders, and Other Chapter Leaders for information regarding a Chapter or Design Community event near you.
- Profile on ASIDTX.org – Showcase yourself and your work before you leave school for a minimal fee. Go here to find out more.
- Student-focused programming at the Annual National Conference, held in conjunction with Dwell on Design, as well as ASID student-focused programming at NeoCon, North America’s largest conference and exhibition for interior design, which takes place every June at Chicago’s Merchandise Mart.
- Advancement Discount - Upon graduation, significant discounts for Allied membership are offered to Student Members, which includes partial waivers of membership dues. Visit the Resources & Advice page to find out more.